Why should EIJ13 interest you? Let us count the ways ...
• Southern California. Think sun, Hollywood, Disneyland.
• 1,400 journalists. News addicts, gifted storytellers, tech junkies — all sorts of media pros for quick interaction.
• Brain food. Take in the resources at the annual conference, and you can't help but boost
• Critiques — video, social media, résumé
• Sessions that won’t quit — digging deeper with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn ... news directors bootcamp ...
data crunching and visualization ... narrative journalism ... the perfect
interview ... getting more out of your best digital content ... winning
strategies for international freelancing ... meeting the ethics challenge ...
understanding the fundamentals of fiction ... diversity data-mining ...
revolutionize your career: how to get a fellowship ... shorter, sharper,
stronger: how to really write broadcast news ... working together to prevent
plagiarism and fabrication ... changing times, changing terms: claiming your
power in the new media newsroom ...
8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, June 29
UTA Fine Arts Building
Center Section, Room 258700
$15 professionals, $10 students (includes light breakfast and lunch)
Learn from experienced investigative reporters and producers how to probe
government records for
stories that make an impact.